Saturday, May 10, 2008

Jud's Trophy - Unwonked

Well, I could not take it. I had to fix the worst of the wonkiness on my latest Dear Jane block, B10 - Jud's Trophy -- especially since it only involved opening part of one seam -- the wavy one at the bottom of the block.



This photo was taken yesterday in daylight. The next two were shot without a flash but under a fluorescent light. How did I miss this option for the past two months? The color is a bit off but at least I don't have to wait for the next moment of sunshine to photograph my blocks.
Anyway, back to the unwonking of this block. I flipped it over, redrew the one seam line. It was only 1/8 inch off and it made a huge difference! If you click on this photo you can just make it out even though the focus is not perfect. The errant seam is at the top of the photo.

Funny, you fix one wonk, and three more pop out and introduce themselves! Believe me, I'm only drinking water and tea tonight -- and last night -- so how did I not see all these wonks yesterday? O well, this is how it will stand. I'm still proud of the center and can live with the minor wonks on the rest of this block. The thing to keep in mind is that Jane's blocks are not perfect and yet, thousands of us are in love with her work enough to copy it! Let's all (myself included) keep that in mind as we contemplate the wonks in our Dear Jane blocks. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails