Friday, January 15, 2010

500 Art Quilts

As I stepped out this morning, a package was leaning against my door. It was a copy of Lark Book's "500 Art Quilts." They sent me a letter in October to let me know they had accepted one of my submissions. "Out on a Limb" is a virtual quilt made from photos of actual blocks. Some of the blocks were made in a class I took with Sylvia Einstein in the summer of 2007.  My mom loved the blocks and so I made more with the intention of making a full quilt for her. Life had other plans.

Meanwhile, Lark Books asked quiltmakers to stretch their definition of a "quilt" so I made the photos of actual quilt blocks into this virtual quilt. The working title for this project was "Can't See the Forest" but with the stretch into the world of virtual quilts, this new name seemed more suitable. I still have the blocks and hope that one day I may make something from them that can actually keep someone warm.

Read more about the blocks here.

2 comments:

Sherry in NH said...

I love it. You know I love the woods. This is such a lovely design. Good job and congratulations on being in the book.

I can see this design in all kinds of monochromatic (or nearly so) colour schemes--blue, green, etc. It's a very *rich* design, full of possibilities for the eye and mind to consider.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS for being included in the book!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails