Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Work Space 1

I had no idea what I would post tonight but after a shaky (almost 3-year) start -up, I did not want to break my momentum. I opened this blog in February 2005 with a single post. Two years later in February 2007, I created my second post, and my third in March 2007. I posted a fourth time this January, after I figured out the "photo thing" and have been posting daily ever since. This is my 133rd post! So, maybe you can understand why I did not want to skip a night but I was just not clear what to post until I got this idea . . .

Here's my (unedited) "work space" for my Dear Jane blocks. Not a fancy well-decorated craft room -- just a corner of my kitchen table. I have two Dear Jane blocks in progress:

  • B10 Judd's Trophy is cut out and I've started the hand piecing. The pieces in the center are tiny.

  • B11 - Melissa's Cross is a bit of a conundrum right now. The problem: Brenda Papadakis' draft does not match Jane's block. Fixing that is not so easy. I bought some graph paper today to see if I can figure it out. Look at these two variations: this one matches Brenda's draft and, this one matches Jane's block. Both blocks are pretty; I'd just rather make my block match Jane's. That means the corners of the diamond will show and that means everything else has to be a little bit smaller. Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Anina said...

I redrafted B-11 on EQ5. There's a link on the DBJ blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails