Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bzzz

This mosaic was made from three Dear Jane blocks that were made with fabric that feature buzzing critters. Tomorrow, I'll post the same mosaic after it was run through IrfanView.

The central block, F13 - Tour de France, reminds me of a bee. I completed this block long before I started keeping detailed notes of my Dear Jane progress. All I know about its construction is that it was hand appliqued. I had lots of fun planning the fussy cuts.

E9 - Quilt Jail was made early in my Dear Jane journey. My hand-piecing skills were weak, so I appliqued the jail bars. I have three new names for this block: Bee Jail, Gnat Jail, and Fly Swatter!

B2 - Sweet Tater Pie, was handpieced on Earth Day, April 22, 2008. It may be B2, but I want to call it "8 Bees"!

To see more detail, just click on the photos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails