Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Momma's Maze

This replacement block was completed earlier this week. The original attempt at E8 - Momma's Maze was done in a lime green and it just does not work with the other greens in this quilt.

While I was at it, I used this as an excuse to make another elephant block.
I'm in love with this fabric and have two other blocks that use it: D4 - Crystal Star and J13 - Pam's Bells (the tiger block). Click on the photos for a closer look. Most likely, I will move all three blocks to different positions when I put the blocks together so that the elephants and tiger are facing toward the center and they are not clustered in one section of the quilt.

I redrafted the replacement block to allow the elephant to fit. That meant four fewer pieces and a bunch of inset seams. I had to place the elephant and rider on a tilt so that no other animals (such as the monkeys) showed. This block is a wee bit wonky (so was my first attempt) but I'm keeping it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails