Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tic Tac Toe

Two in One Day
C4 - Tic Tac Toe is the second Dear Jane block I made on June 19, 2010 -- finished nearly at the stroke of midnight! Not my best work but it's done.Perhaps I should have done the central section with applique rather than hand piecing.

Redraft -- Not
I chose to follow Brenda's draft -- which is not entirely true to Jane's block. In Jane's block, all nine central squares are the same size.
Spiral Fussy Cuts
I really like how the octagon suggests a circle. That's part of the reason I chose this fabric with spirals. You will have to look closely to see the nine fussy cuts in the central section. I guess it's fussy and wonky all at the same time! LOL!

Dear Jane Progress = 128 Blocks
As of June 19, 2010, I have 41 left to go. As this number gets smaller, I get more and more convinced I can finish this project. The excitement of finishing is contributing to a bit of sloppy technique. I'm going to have to keep that in-check.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails