Monday, July 26, 2010

Josepha's Jonquil

When have you been working on your Dear Jane quilt too long? When you start making a block twice -- and not because you need to replace it! 

I started to make this Dear Jane block, J1- Josepha's Jonquil, out of pink fabric (which would have been wrong for the trip-round-the-world arrangement). That was yesterday, Sunday. Luckily, I got sidetracked before I finished it -- because I had already made that block long, long ago. By the time I realized my mistake, I had already redrafted the block, cut out the fabric, and made a few seams. As you can tell, the first time I made this block, I did it entirely as applique because that's what Brenda's draft showed and that best suited my beginner skills. This time, I figured out how to do it as a pieced block -- which is how Jane made it. I redrafted it to mostly follow Jane's method, but I moved the location of the seams so they do not run directly into the corner. If I remember, I'll post a photo of the redraft here. [Go to my Dear Jane page for a list of blocks that Brenda and Jane did in different ways.]

Looking at this block today, it looks a wee bit wonky, but it's a keeper. I think. (LOL!) If I change my mind, I know I already have all the templates made and all the ivory pieces cut!

I need to locate the redraft. If you need to see, it, please drop me an email or leave a comment on this posting.

1 comment:

Dee said...

still just incredibly in awe of your patience and dedication! your blocks always knock my socks off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails