Thursday, July 1, 2010

Walter's Place

Eleven Blocks in June
I made eleven Dear Jane blocks in the month of June! Considering I was out-of-town mid-month for a four-day business trip, that's not bad! I hope I can maintain this pace.

Straightforward
My newest block, L9 - Walter's Place, was finished on the evening of June 30th. No redrafting was needed and the piecing was straightforward.

Fabric
I was worried about using the yellow fabric, because it has a green cast but I think it worked out fine. The weave is a bit loose and that made it easy to make a running stitch along the seams; it's the opposite of batiks which are densely woven. The bird fabric was also used in Thea's Turn and Challenge, both shown here.

PS
It just dawned on me, the bird must be named Walter! LOL!

Dear Jane Progress = 134 Blocks
As of June 30, 2010, I have 35 blocks to go. That's 20%.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Oh, oh. I love the bird! He is too sweet. Can I just tell you how inspiring it's been to see you sew these blocks!

Amazing dedication!

Sherry in NH said...

These blocks are just amazing. Is your photography getting better or am I just learning to appreciate this stuff?

I'm getting hooked on the Dear Jane blocks. Really

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails