Friday, October 29, 2010

Grandpa's Chickens

I made only one Dear Jane block in September, so even though I only made eight blocks this month, it's an improvement. If I can maintain this pace, I will have all the blocks done by the end of the year. We'll see.






Fabric
My newest block, K2 - Grandpa's Chickens has 40 pieces. The draft was fine -- no redraft required. I did deliberate over the fabric. I considered making each colored square from a different fabric and then I would think about using the same fabric for the whole thing. Then I remembered this fabric and realized it would allow me to have my cake and eat it, too! I was using one fabric but every piece looks different.

Here's the back of the fabric showing how I cut the pieces as closely as possible so that when the block is constructed, the fabric print could be imagined -- if you know what it looks like! Do you think this counts as a fussy cut? Click on the photos to enlarge them.


Dear Jane Progress = 153 Blocks, 3,149 Pieces
As of October 28, 2010, I have 16 blocks to go -- and a few more replacement blocks. This marks the completion of yet another green ring in the trip-round-the-world.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Your block is so cute! Love your fabric choice...you'll be finished your blocks in no time!!!!
All the best from Denmark!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails