Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stepping Stones

M4 - Stepping Stones, my newest Dear Jane block, took a long time! I has 44 pieces and I was trying to use discarded pieces of the ivory fabric. I'm worried that I will not have enough, even though I am not making the triangle blocks. I've made 13 replacement blocks and have more to go. Years ago, I bought a bunch of the ivory and years later learned that the book underestimated the amount needed to finish the quilt. It was way too late to go back and get more matching fabric. As I near the end of piecing this quilt (I have 17 blocks to go), I've been thinking about how how I want to join the pieces and finish the edges.

Redraft and Fabric
Most of the book's draft was spot-on except for the sections with the triangles inside the rectangles. In Jane's block, one of the corners of each triangle points into the center of the block. Those corners touch the adjoining square. The other two corners of each of the triangles does not touch the adjoining square. Click on the redraft photo to enlarge it.

The basket-weave fabric was also used in C5 - Eye of the Cyclone. The other fabric was previously used in B1 - Bachelor Button and E11 - Wagon Wheel -- both are shown  here.

Dear Jane Progress = 152 Blocks
As of October 17, 2010, I have 17 blocks (and a few more replacements) to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails