Monday, May 2, 2011

Stephanie's Snowflake

Winter felt endless this year, so it's fitting (on this first day of May) that my most recent Dear Jane block is L2 - Stephanie's Snowflake. I really love the colors in this block, but I'm not sure the image conveys the colors and textures. Have I ever mentioned that the theme fabric is a sateen?

Redraft, Fabric, Construction
In Brenda's draft, those long pointed pieces are cut up as a rectangle and two triangles. I chose to match Jane's draft. I used the theme fabric for the pink squares. The yellow fabric handles like a dream. It may be from Japan. I don't remember. I had to cut some of the ivory pieces twice because I got mirror images messed up. Other than that, construction was slow just because there were 41 pieces in this 4.5 inch square block.

Dear Jane Progress = 161 blocks (95%); 3,332 pieces.
As of Sunday, May 1, 2011, I have 8 blocks to go!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

i am so excited for you Minka, to be so close to the finish and still taking so much care with each of your blocks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails