Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Diagram: Woven Sashing

Diagram of Woven Sashing for Dear Jane Quilt (click to enlarge)
More details on the woven sashing are here.

My older brother helped me out and turned this image into a JPG so I could post it here and show you the plan for the woven sashing. (Thank you, D!) The diagram was created in Excel, converted to a PDF, and then to a JPG.

Colors
All the sashing is done in ivory. The diagram is in color so it's easier to see the woven effect of the (red) horizontal and (pink) vertical pieces and spot the shorter (black) pieces along the edges. Why pink and red? It was the red and pink combo in the inspiration fabric that first grabbed my attention.

The Numbers
The numbers on the side are my count of the number of pieces I need. That said, I only cut out six at a time because it's all I can stand. I'm hand-piecing the sashing and that means I am marking the seam lines on each of those pieces. In addition, I'm checking the seam lines on each block before I put it in place to correct for wonkiness. Can you say "slow going" ten times -- fast? I'll just keep plugging along.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails