Friday, June 28, 2013

Sadie Rose

Sadie Rose - Top Left Corner Kite
I started this block about a year ago and have yet to applique the pieces in place. I am newly retired (just a few hours ago!) and hope to get going with this and many other projects! Meanwhile, you can have a peak at Sadie Rose, at least I think that's the name according to this blog. At any rate, this kite is positioned in the top left corner.

I had fun stitching my favorite textile critters and a few flowers into this block! Click the photo to enlarge it.

This construction is rather different. The octagons and squares were put together using an English paper piecing method. I'll have to count the pieces some other time. I think this method actually reduced the number of pieces.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails