Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Simple Simon

M10 - Simple Simon is an early hand-pieced block.

Now all my Dear Jane blocks are posted on my blog! Next I want to get all the photos onto my iPad so I have them with me when I attend the Dear Jane event at the Vermont Quilt Festival this weekend! It's the 150-year anniversary of Jane's quilt and they have a special exhibit and an event! Here's the description of the exhibit:



Special Exhibits

Celebrating Jane Stickle

MILLER NORTH

Thirty quilts made "In the manner of Jane A. Stickle" will celebrate the 150th anniversary of her 1863 Civil War sampler. The quilts are assembled by Brenda Papadakis, author of Dear Jane, The Two Hundred Twenty-five Patterns from the Jane A. Stickle Quilt.
Dear Jane: detail by Chris White
Each quilt varies in color and design and reflects the maker's interpretation of Jane's quilt. You will be inspired to make your own after visiting this exhibit.
Curator: Brenda Papdakis, San Antonio, TX

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails