Saturday, June 1, 2013

Uncle Homer

Counting
I knew I had not posted all of my Dear Jane blocks on this blog. I also knew they are all posted on my Flickr account. Today (June 16), I learned that 26 of them are actually missing from this blog; that's nearly 16% of my blocks. Something about Jane turns me into a counting fanatic . . . counting pieces, counting blocks, counting years. You get the idea. Lately, I've been counting something else . . . my days until retirement! I retire at the end of this month on June 28, so I decided to back-date this posting and several others so that I can have one posting per day for the month of June as part of my countdown to retirement! Obviously, the countdown of the blocks will end two days before I retire, but that's close enough for me!

From Camera to Scanner
Originally I shot all my blocks with natural light. Relatively late in the game, I began scanning my blocks. I like the clear colors so much better that I scanned all my blocks before I joined them (last spring). So, this set of 27 blocks may appear brighter than my other early block photos.

#1 in the Countdown
A6 - Uncle Homer is one of my early blocks so I have no idea when I made it since I don't even know what year I began this project! It was hand pieced and has five fussy cuts. It's one of the few blocks that is not pink, green, yellow -- or even red.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails