Friday, May 9, 2008

Jud's Trophy

Last night, I finished hand piecing this Dear Jane block, B10 - Jud's Trophy. The small triangular pieces are 1/2 inch on the long side. I'm a wee bit mystified and disappointed that after nailing the center with all its tiny pieces, that some wonkiness showed up on the outer section. This is yet another block that looks worse in the photo than I think it looks in person. How can this be? Does my brain just tune out what it doesn't want to see? Perhaps I should open that one seam (on the bottom of the block) and straighten things out.
Done: 102 blocks/1,828 piece
Definite Keepers: 71 blocks/1,316 pieces

This is the fabric I used for the center star. It got me thinking, it would be fun to make (or maybe just own) a Baby Jane quilt that uses lots of fabrics with stars to echo the stars in the blocks near the center of the quilt. Luckily, just because I think it up does not require me to make it!

1 comment:

Anina said...

Oh, make one! I have 3 Baby Janes in the works right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails