Sunday, May 4, 2008

Two More for Jane

This weekend, I completed two more Dear Jane blocks: B5 - Hot Cross Buns and B7 -World Series. I won't tell you which is which because even though I am neither a sports junkie nor a keeper of Good Friday, even I can guess which is which! Once again, I've pieced a block (B5) that I might have appliqued in years past (and I've added it to my list of redrafts on my Dear Jane page). World Series has me thinking that I might finally be ready to tackle the block in the center of the quilt. I want to use my inspiration fabric for that block and have been dreaming of this for years but could not figure out how to approach it. Once that block is complete, I will know how much of the inspiration fabric is leftover for other blocks.

Yesterday, I created an Excel document to tally up the number of blocks and pieces that are done. It's complicated because I intend to redo the blocks that do not match the pastel "trip 'round the world" color scheme. Otherwise, I could say I have completed 100 blocks out of 169 -- as I do not plan to do the triangles. Of course, I was not planning to make this quilt -- I just wanted to buy the book and look at the pictures! LOL! Just now, I'm realizing I've hit the 100-block milestone but, I'm not sure it counts since I plan to redo lots of blocks. Anyway that's:

  • 1,786 pieces
  • 100 blocks
  • 41 appliqued
  • 77 hand pieced
  • 5 machine pieced
  • 43 with fussy cuts
FYI, the total does not equal 100 because some are pieced and appliqued. On the other hand, I only have 69 blocks and 1,274 pieces done if you only count the "definite keepers." I plan to redo the blocks that are "off-color," wonky, or something else. So, I'm not sure if I've hit a milestone but, I'm always game for a party!

This is what "the stack" looks like today. Unimpressive -- unless you are a quilter or Janiac! The one on top is not part of "the count." It was left partially done years ago. I've not yet figured which one it is. It looks to me like I it was all done and then I removed two of the corner pieces. Why will remain buried in the mists of "chemo head land" -- one of the "other projects" that interrupted this one.

1 comment:

Anina said...

Oh my gosh! I am SO jealous!
Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails