Saturday, October 17, 2009

EPP Basics

This is what I forgot to mention in my earliest English Paper Piecing (EPP) postings -- the basics! My earlier posts on EPP explain the techniques I switched to and why, but neglected to show where I started my search for methods that work for me.
[Click on the photo to see the details of the fabrics. One reason I love EPP so much is that it's a great way to celebrate the diversity of fabrics and showcase the details of each design.]

Now, here are my favorite tutorials for English Paper Piecing Basics:
This tutorial has fabulous photos and detailed instructions. This is where I learned that you do not need to stitch through your templates when you baste your polygons. Sunshine's photos and instructions for joining the polygons are great!

This tutorial includes a simple project and provides great instructions and photos for finishing EPP projects with a "polygon edge" (not straight).

I just found this YouTube tutorial video today. While they baste through the paper templates (something I no longer do), they also show different ways to baste diamonds (something I have yet to try) and talk about "letting the tails wag."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails