Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tablecloth Quilt: West Side

This is a continuation of Friday's Blogger's Quilt Festival posting. The four blocks shown here are on the west edge of the quilt. To read about the quilt, go here. Note: Click on photos to enlarge them.

Dish Brigade
My older brother and x-SIL.
Do We Have Enough Cake?
My older brother took this photo of an informal family gathering that included my parents, my younger brother, xSIL, an uncle and his wife.
Birthday Celebration
My BIL with my mother's version of strawberry shortcake using a chiffon cake filled with real whipped cream and strawberries, and always served with strawberry sauce. The blue striped fabric was used to make a smock for my niece. I put the navy-blue velveteen inside the pockets.
Modern Kitchen
The latest in kitchen equipment -- in my Grandma Goldie's 1940s kitchen! Now you know why my father sometimes called her "Shortie."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails