Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tablecloth Quilt: South Side

This is a continuation of yesterday's Blogger's Quilt Festival posting. The four blocks shown here are on the south edge of the quilt. To read about the quilt, go hereNote: Click on photos to enlarge them.

Frostin' (First Photo)
Younger brother and BIL frosting a birthday cake for my mom's 70th birthday.

Kitchen Fashion
Nephew modeling the latest in kitchen fashion -- potholders and a tea cozy! His father, is in the background doing dishes.


Dish Brigade
How many dishes did my mom do in her lifetime? This photo was taken in the 1950s by my dad. That's navy blue velveteen (solid and printed) leftover from baby clothes projects for a friend's daughter and my niece.
Wear Your Food
What can I say? My family likes to play with bagels! That's my older brother and one of my cousins hamming it up in the kitchen . . . and me in the background.

2 comments:

Rosanna Hope said...

This is amazing. Beautiful work
Rosanna

Angie Padilla said...

Such a creative way to put a memory quilt together. It is awesome! Not just one, but so many stories told in one quilt. Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails