Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mary Ruth's Corset

I'm making up for lost time! E12 - Mary Ruth's Corset is my third Dear Jane block this weekend!

Fabric Selections
Both fabrics were previously used in other Dear Jane blocks: the button fabric was used in Officer Green's Badge and the striped fabric also used in two blocks (Farm Fields and Dee Dees Delight). That's three blocks in pretty close proximity to each other with the same fabric. I well, I like the way the stripes look like corest stays. While I was having fun picking out the fabric for this block, I was wondering who Mary Ruth is. Does anyone know?

Dear Jane Progress = 129 Blocks
As of June 19, 2010, I have 40 blocks left to go! Clearly, the excitement of finishing this project has changed my perspective on perfection -- I'm letting that imperfect fussy cut go! (Perhaps Mary Ruth is bursting out of her buttons -- or her corset!) Technically, Row E is complete but I will most likely re-do the red block and the purple block that sit at opposite ends of that row.

2 comments:

Dee said...

admiring your patience and skill!

this is quite an accomplishment!

Elly D said...

Hello Minka, your DJ blocks are beautiful! You're much further on than I am with mine.
Elly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails