Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quandry

Least Favorite Block?
I'm not too keen on this Dear Jane block, K10 - Quandry. Its symmetry is hard for me to read. I think that's because the symmetry is organized around a diagonal axis. I wonder how Jane came up with this block. Was it a revision of something else?

Get It Over With
I decided the best approach was to just make this block and be done with it. Luckily, no redrafting was necessary. Hand-piecing the 39 pieces dragged on for nearly a week. It was completed on June 12, but the photograph took yet another week due to a businees trip that took me out of state this past week.

Fabric
This block is part of a yellow ring of blocks. Yellow can be hard to read against ivory. I think the higher contrast versions of this block are easier to "read" -- just look at these. At first, I thought I would use a solid yellow fabric, but then I saw this block. Isn't it cute?! That block inspired me to put fussy cuts into my Quandry block. This same fabric was used in two other blocks  shown here.

Dear Jane Progress = 126 Blocks
As of June 12, 2010, I'm 75% done making DJ blocks; I only need to make 43 more!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I can see that this would be a tough block, but I love the fussy cutting the the fabric you selected -- it's my favorite among all your Quandry links.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails