Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pie Sale Success!

In my earliest Dear Jane days, I decided that the best way for me to make this block, H6 - Pie Sale,  was to applique the circles onto rectangular pieces after they had already been joined. The results was not too pretty and rather bulky. As my skills at joining circular pieces improved, I knew I was ready to re-tackle this block entirely with hand piecing -- no applique. When I saw this version of Pie Sale done in a similar fabric, I started to feel eager to tackle this block again. I'm pleased with this replacement block and glad I took the time to make it. The difference between the two versions is more dramatic than the photos convey. I'm really glad I remade this block.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Very nice job -- I usually prefer the look of piecing to applique in these types of blocks, and your new block looks wonderful. Isn't it nice to see how much your skills have improved.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails