Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Simplicity

Inset seams (Y-seams) can be troublesome on a sewing machine but with handpiecing, they are a breeze, consequently, this Dear Jane block, M6 - Simplicity, lived up to its name.

The draft for this block is slightly different from what Jane did (extra pieces in the corners), but I stuck with Brenda's draft because of its simple elegance. I prepared the templates a few nights ago and that helped speed things up today.

Piecing Sequence
First I attached the small squares to the octagon. Next, I worked my way around this unit attaching the trapezoids and small triangles. Did I mention, I'm a geometry geek? Speaking of which, is this the only Dear Jane block that uses an octagon?

Dear Jane Progress = 137 Blocks
As of the morning of July 6, 32 blocks to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails