Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cabin Fever

I have been dilly-dallying over this Dear Jane block, A9 - Cabin Fever,  for the past week or more! I'd do a few seams and then put it down . . . just could not stay focused. At last it's done! I thought I had sewn all 41 tiny pieces perfectly, until I ironed it and discovered the wonkiness in the center.

Redraft
Notice the largest triangles -- one is covered with a clear blue template. In Brenda's drafted the large triangles as cut into two pieces. I redrafted this block to match Jane's which appears to use large triangles.

Fabrics
I used two different fabrics. The one with the tiny Cheerios was also used in I13 - Sweet Harmony. The other fabric was previousl used in G5 - Poof, which was one of my early blocks. It was done entirely in applique. Back in the early years, I had more confidence in my applique skills than my handpiecing. For my new block, I fussy cut the large dots.

Dear Jane Progress = 143 Blocks
As of August 12, 2010, I have 26 blocks to go; 85% of the blocks are done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails