Saturday, August 14, 2010

More of the Mixed Bouquet

This is the bouquet that keeps on giving. The variety of blooms is just great!  Speaking of variety, the past two days have been quite full.

Friday
I volunteered at the New England Quilt Museum and then stopped over to see the Lowell Quilt Festival for an hour. I saw the Lost Heroes Art Quilt. (Use the link to learn about the quilt and to see the extensive list of places it's scheduled to visit.) It's really well done. I also quickly viewed some of the Images exhibit.

Saturday
I went back to Lowell. I did all of the following:
  • Kyoto Kimono trunk show: I bought some silk pieces and hope to post photos some time soon
  • Sylvia Einstein's lecture with over 30 quilts shown! I took photos but will not post without her permission.
  • Lowell Quilt Festival Images 2010
  • Gerald Roy Exhbit of colorful antique quilts -- very colorful!
  • Visited some vendors but all I bought was a few cloisonne beads -- no fabric as there was so little time and many of the vendors will be at the Mancuso quilt show in Manchester later this month
  • Whistler House Museum of Art reception for two exhibits -- Linda Maletz's Landscapes of France (oil paintings) and a quilt exhibit, "From Art to Fiber: Reinterpreting the Masters." This was the highlight of the day! I was allowed to photograph the quilts but am reluctant to post without permission of the artists. The quilts were interpretations of well-know art. One of my favorites was "Madame Cezanne in a Red Chair with an Ipod" which was a skillful, beautiful, and humorous interpretation of this painting by Paul Cezanne. Both exhibits run through September 4 and are definitely worth a visit.
  • Toured the Whistler home. What a great house and fabulous art, which includes a copy of the original Arrangement in Grey and Black: The Artist's Mother -- full size which was huge! I had no idea that famous painting was so large. The original is in France.
  • Came home and made dinner and took photos of kale for my recipe blog, Minka Cooks. The Kale with Garlic recipe has now been posted here.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Can't believe that bouquet is still going.

You did a lot in one day, sounds more like a week's vacation.

I adore kale so I'll go check out that recipe. I sautee it with garlic and orange juice, with a wee bit of the orange zest. To add zest, of course. {;>)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails