Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doris's Dilemma

Doris's Dilemma. Minka's Dilemma. It never ends.

This Dear Jane block, K12 - Doris's Dilemma, should have been a quick block. It has only 11 pieces. I made most of it on Friday night after I finished my previous block.

Redraft
Saturday morning, I sat down to finish the block and noticed that Brenda's draft was different from Jane's block, so I ripped out my seams, redrafted the block and finished it on Sunday. Proof that it's best to not start a new block late at night without rechecking everything multiple times.

Fabric
Years ago, when I chose this pink fabric as my color inspiration, I had no idea that those shades of green and yellow would be so difficult to find. Most of my fabrics don't really match but the fabric I used for this block is spot-on. It's a little bit heavier than most of my other fabrics, but I was happy to finally use it. I'm a little sorry I did not use it sooner.

Minka's Dilemma
While I'm talking about my inspiration fabric, here's something I've not mentioned before. I used bits of inspiration fabric for my center block and saved the rest for my corner blocks. For the past several weeks (months?) I've been hunting for that fabric. I have no idea where I put it. As I approach my final blocks, which are all in the corners of the quilt, I'm in a minor panic.

Dear Jane Progress = 149 Blocks
As of October 10, 2010, I have 20 blocks to go (plus a few more replacement blocks).

2 comments:

Dee said...

sending you "find it soon" vibes! our youngest lost a pair of glasses and we have no idea where he left them in the house. he now has a new pair, but I feel your frustration!

I love the block and the floral fabric is a beautiful watercolor one!

Minka said...

Thanks, Dee! Sorry for this extremely tardy reply! Talk about losing things! Yes, I found the fabric quite some time ago. Now I forget where it was hiding...but I THINK it was practically out in plain sight! LOL! Hope you foudn your child's glasses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails