Monday, July 18, 2011

Harvest Moon

L13 - Harvest Moon is my next-to-last square block!

Redraft of L13-Harvest Moon
Redraft
I redrafted this block to get the proportions to match Jane's block more closely . . .  and, I did not want the seam and seam allowance from the outer circle impinging upon the sashing seam.

Usually I do my redrafts on graph paper but since circles were involved, I used the draw feature on MSWord. It was pretty quick and easy to do.

G3 - Four Leaf Clover
Fabric
The lavender flowers come from the theme fabric (used in the central block and in each corner).

The other fabric is a perfect match to the lemon yellow in the theme fabric but it never photographs well; it always comes out looking muddy. It's an ambiguous color: Is it green? Is it yellow? It was used in G3 - Four Leaf Clover, an entirely appliqued block. I considered remaking the block because of the photographs but whenever I look at the actual block, I'm convinced all over again that the color in this fabric is spot-on. It's a directional fabric. The motif may be hard to make out; it looks like tiny plants or clover.

Construction
After making more than 160 blocks, I'm disappointed with my circular seams . . . but you know what they say, "done is better than perfect!" There were days when I thought I'd never see a progress matrix photo that looks like this next shot! I'm pretty psyched!

Dear Jane Progress = 168 blocks (99%), 3,534 pieces, 618 fussy cuts, 12 rows, 12 columns
As of Sunday July 17, I have 1 square block to go!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Hi Minka, I really like this Harvest Moon block. You know circles are on my list of things to try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails