Sunday, August 28, 2011

Waiting for Irene 5x5

I love to make virtual quilts on Mosaic Maker. This one turned out better than expected. Click the photo for a closer look.  BTW, I renamed this block last night to commemorate Hurricane Irene.

Wouldn't it be great to have a real quilt like this? If I alter the blocks just right, I could make the pink and red areas appear to be woven. In fact, if I made the red checkered areas from one piece instead of four, the construction would be a complex variation on what I 'm doing with the woven sashing on my real quilt. This is kind of an exciting idea but it's also making my head spin!

1 comment:

Debby said...

I love the alternate pattern that shows up with these blocks all put together. I can see how changing making the changes you suggest would make it look woven. It looks very 3-D just as it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails