Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tiny Pink and Blue with Salmon

I have two more pentagon flowers to post -- this one and one other. Both remind me a lot of our summer coverlets from my childhood, mostly because of the small flowers in soft pink and powder blue. (The powder blue is along the edges of each petal.) The coverlets were quilted fabric that I think looked a bit like cheater cloth. I really don't remember for sure. I'm waiting for some old family photos that will hopefully uncover the details. Until then, I'll keep looking at these little flowers and hoping for an old memory to surface.

I plan to post the last pentagon flower soon -- before the Bloggers Quilt Festival. Are you planning to participate in the BQF? For details, click on the button in the righ-hand column.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails