Monday, April 14, 2008

Dear Baby Jane Group - First 12 Blocks

I joined the Dear Baby Jane Flickr group in hopes of getting some outside motivation and support to complete my Dear Jane quilt. This week, our leader tantalized us with a prize, a really great pair of scissors. (A quilter can never have too many scissors!) To enter the drawing, we had to complete all 12 of the group's first blocks. For the names of the blocks, visit this Flickr page. If you click on the block names on that page, it will bounce you to a close-up photo of the block.

This week's challenge motivated me to start (and finish) B4 - Chris's Soccer Field. I worked on it off and on all day yesterday. First I redrafted it; Brenda's draft seemed slightly different from Jane's block. I made all the striped pieces the same width because I was afraid if they were different widths, it might look like a mistake. The hand piecing was slow going but worth the effort.

I actually want to redo the four corner blocks because their colors are off but have not gotten to that yet. Between taxes, five weeks of jury duty, and a big project at work, I'm proud to have successfully completed Chris's Soccer Field. This is no time to sit down and relax -- like every other week, we will have two more DJ blocks to do . . . and, I got word on Saturday that an art quilt I made has been accepted into a June quilt festival! This will be the first time I put one of my quilts into a show! I need to put some finishing touches on that project; June will be here before I know it!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hey, can we see the art quilt? Congratulations!

Anina said...

I love your colors, but you know that already. Ooh, can you show us the art quilt? Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails