Sunday, April 13, 2008

DJQ Mosaic 4

This is the last of the mosaics (for now). For the names of the blocks, visit this page on Flickr. If you click on the block names on that page, it will bounce you to a close-up photo of that block. This mosaic feels washed out. I think that's because many of the blocks are done in pale pastels and there is no pink to contrast with the greens and yellows. I plan to redo the blocks done in pale blue, loud lime green, chocolate brown.

I11 - Coyote Chase, a hand-pieced block, is one of the keepers. I find the shapes of the pieces so pleasing. The fabric is not a plain weave but a sateen giving it some lustre. It's a bit dark for this quilt but the green is right-on, so I will use it in additional blocks in hopes of improving the overall color effect of the quilt.
The fabric for E9 - Quilt Jail is a bit loud but I love the bees. I've given this block two new names -- Bee Jail and Fly Swatter! It was hand pieced and then the jail bars were appliqued. It's not perfect but it has a lot of charm.

1 comment:

wyndesnow said...

Your blocks are beautiful. I loved reading about your journey. My journey has not been quite as long, but I did have to give myself permission to buy the book as I have several quilt books. But I'm so glad I did, especially when I opened it and there was Brenda writing me a note and wishin luck on the journey!!! I'll post pictures on flickr soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails