Friday, April 11, 2008

DJQ Mosaic 2

This mosaic is a blend of definite keepers and a few "off color" blocks that may not end up in my final Baby Jane quilt. The reds and forest greens are out -- or will be moved to the border. Per my current thinking, red fabrics should be combined with pink ones (rather than ivory) since that combination was my original color infatuation (see April 9). Because red is such a "loud" color, I think on this pastel quilt, it needs to appear in just tiny little snippets. I'm still thinking about how I will accomplish that. I'm torn about the mustard and tan blocks.

For the names of the individual blocks, visit this page on Flickr. If you click on the block names on that page, it will bounce you to a close-up photo of that block.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails