Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keepers - DJQ Mosaic 1

This week, I took the photos of my 90+ Dear Jane blocks, selected 25 favorites, and made them into this mosaic. All of these are keepers. Note: Red is just a whisper (in only two of these blocks).

I think this mosaic demonstrates how the "Trip 'Round The World" arrangement (concentric diamonds of color) is obscured by the sheer variety and busyness of the DJ blocks. I like the fact that this mosaic includes my first Dear Jane block, B-1 Bachelor Buttons (second one in the second row -- see April 8 for a close-up), and my most recent block, B-13 Four Corner Press (see close up below) completed March 31, 2008. Four Corner Press is unique; it's the only block that Jane made without the white/ivory fabric. I chose my fabrics for this block to echo Jane's choices: four fabrics, darkish fabric in the corners, and horizontal stripes on the sides. When I visited the original Dear Jane Quilt in October 2011, I discovered that this block was actually made of cheater cloth -- it is not pieced at all! So, I guess you could say this was a redraft!

For identification of each block in the mosaic, visit this Flickr post. If you click on the block names on that page, it will bounce you to a close-up photo of that block.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails