Sunday, June 1, 2008

Parcheesi and Meeting Place

Today, I completed another Dear Jane block: F5 - Parcheesi. Surely, Brenda named this block because of its resemblance to the Parcheesi game board. According to Wikipedia, Parcheesi is an American adaptation of the Indian board game, Pachisi. This block is entirely hand pieced. To date, 45% of my blocks have fussy cuts; this is not one of them. I used the same fabric for D7 - Meeting Place. This is a minor mistake that I can live with. I feel the blocks are much alike -- I'd prefer that blocks made of the same fabric did not appear to be one another's mirror image, and I'd prefer they were further apart on the quilt. But today, I really enjoy looking at these two blocks together! To see them even closer together, check out Parcheesi Place.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Really pretty blocks. I think that I like the Parcheesi block the best of the two.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails