Monday, May 24, 2010

Tablecloth Quilt: North Side

This is a continuation of Friday's Blogger's Quilt Festival posting. The four blocks shown here are on the north edge of the quilt. To read about the quilt, go here. Note: Click on photos to enlarge them.

Birthday Celebration
Brother (who made the cake) and grandfather. It was our grandfather's birthday; I'm not sure which birthday, but he lived to be 94. That's navy velveteen leftover from baby clothes sewn for a friend's daughter and for my niece.
Potica Lesson
Our dear family friend, Nell Simala, teaching me how to make Slovenian potica -- a local favorite in my home town. I'll write more about this later in the week. I love the brown and red plaids, even if I sewed them on a bit wonky.

High Chair Charm
My niece watching the kitchen action while she eats.
Birthday Celebration
Celebrating my dad's birthday in my kitchen, some time in the 1980s. My mom took this photo. The letters are made of pipe cleaners strung on fishing line. The tablecloth is from Africa. A friend of my father's gave it to me because she knew I love textiles.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Beautiful! I'm enjoying your continuation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails