Saturday, April 30, 2011

Widow's Pane

Every once in a while, Jane kicks my butt. I've been making Dear Jane blocks since forever, and sometimes they still come out wonky, like this one, L1 - Widow's Pane. Maybe I should rename it Minka's Pain!







Pressing Board
After scanning this photo, I ironed it a bit more and it seems to have gotten a bit better. I tried to scan it again with no luck. What's going on today? For one thing, my ironing board is too soft. I really need to make one of these! Have you ever made your own pressing board? Any advice to share?  I've seen and used them at workshops and really like them. They are portable and give amazing results!

Construction and Fabric
No redrafting necessary. The contrast between the ivory and pale pink may not be strong enough for this block, or my fantasy of an entire Dear Jane quilt in this one fabric. I chose the lavender to balance block E13 - Moth in a Web, which sits in the northeast corner of the quilt. At one time, I considered remaking that block but now, I'd rather find a way to live with it. I like the butterflies in the fabric that go with the block name.

Dear Jane Progress = 160 blocks (95%); 3291 pieces
As of Saturday, April 30, I have 9 blocks to go! I'm into the single digits! Who cares if it's wonky!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Even so, your fussy cuts are amazing.

This is such an interesting quilt.

MEG BAIER said...

indeed you are an artist, and i suppose sometime artists have pain by working...they both look fabulous!

Jossie said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I like it very much. Your DJ blocks are amazing. The fabric you chose is wonderful!

Minka said...

Thank you all for visiting and for your kind remarks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails