Saturday, October 15, 2011

Visiting Jane.Part 3

Block C13, Jane Stickle quilt, Bennington Museum, Bennington, VT

Last Sunday, I finally visited the Bennington Museum in Bennington, Vermont, and spent some quality time with Jane Stickle's quilt.








I wanted to examine a few blocks closely. C13 - Lakota Sioux was one of them. It's those blue squares in the corners. I've studied the photos in Brenda's book and photos posted online by Connie in 2009 and 2010, but to no avail.

In the end, I redrafted the block (as described here), but I was never certain how Jane made the block -- until I saw it last week. Clearly, those blue squares are not individual pieces. Jane used a printed fabric and fussy cut it to make it look like she had blue pieces in the corners. My corner squares are pieced . . . and I'm keeping them.You can see other interpretations of block C-13 here.

To enlarge the photos, double-click them.

3 comments:

Jane's Addicted. said...

i'm really appreciating your photos of the stickle quilt! yay - closeups!! : ) thanks for posting,

Minka said...

Jane's Addicted: You are very welcome. I have now posted the ones I was most curious about....so let me know if you have other blocks you want to see.

Sherry said...

I LOVE that C-13 block, just love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails