Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shades of Black and White

I finally got some decent shots of the black and white quilt, aka "Shades of Black and White," yesterday at the Vermont Quilt Festival. My only fret is that the top left border blends into the black curtain behind the quilt. Check out the close-ups below. To see more shots of this quilt, go here, here, and here.

When I get the quilt back after the festival, I'll have 3 score sheets from the judges and lots to learn. I did attend the Judges' Panel yesterday. Seems like much of this is about perfect technique. Actually, each festival decides what the judges should emphasize. I saw many outstanding quilts -- contemporary and antique. They've given me lots to think about and some new ideas! Stay tuned!


When I get back from NYC next week, I'll have some new shots of this quilt in its new home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome quilt.

Randa Dubnick said...

This is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails