Saturday, July 10, 2010

Florence Nightingale

This Dear Jane block, A8 - Florence Nightingale, is the last block in the yellow Trip-Round-the-World (TRTW) diamond I've been working on for the past few weeks. It has only 11 pieces, no redrafted was needed, and I cut the templates last week, so it went quickly. I consider all the yellow pieces fussy cuts including the corner pieces, because it was hard to find open spaces in the print that did not have buttons.Despite my careful placement and cutting, parts of two buttons still show around the edges. Oh well.

Fabric
This is the third block made with this fabric. All three blocks are in the top half of the quilt -- not the ideal distribution but I'm letting it go. It was previously used in C1 - Officer Green's Badge and  E12 - Mary Ruth's Corset.

Dear Jane Progress = 138 Blocks
As of July 7, 2010, 31 blocks to go. This yellow TRTW diamond is complete, however, I may replace one more block in it.

What's Next?
The next ring is pink blocks. It's a smaller ring and many of the blocks are already made, however, some will be replaced. Unlike the yellow rings, I have plenty of different pink fabrics so that should make things easier.

Feeling Mischeivious
I could not resist making this virtual quilt, which I've named Florence Nightingale's Corset! The same fabric is used in both blocks but it's not as blended as I'd like because the lighting was different on the two shots, still, if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the secondary patterns created by putting the two blocks together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails