Monday, August 16, 2010

St. George's Cross

This 21-piece Dear Jane block, L4 - St. George's Cross,  came together so quickly, it surprised me -- probably because it took more than a week to make the previous 41-piece block. It's not just the number of pieces and their size; I was more focused



Draft, Fabric, Construction
The draft was fine; I changed nothing. I later realized that Jane, Brenda, and I each pieced the small white pieces around the corner squares a little differently, however, the overall effect is the same.

The fabric largely obscures the cross. In fact, the busy pattern in the fabric makes it hard to see that I included nine fussy cuts in this block. The same fabric was used for B13 - Four Corner Press. I thought when I made B13, I wrote about the fabric choices for that block, but it appears not. I'll have to do that some time, since it was an interesting choice.

Dear Jane Progress = 144 Blocks
As of August 14, 2010, I have 25 blocks to go.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

This totally knocks my socks off. I really, really love it. I love those wee tiny flowers and how you've arranged them. Nice, really nice.

I can't believe you're actually doing this! But you are. I so lack the stick-to-itiveness for this kind of project. Well, not to mention I can barely sew on a button.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails