Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mouse in a Mirror

I started another yellow replacement block yesterday but got sidetracked with color issues. Hopefully, I'll post that one in a few days.

In the Pink
Meanwhile, I decided to start making a pink block for the next trip-round-the-world ring. This block, D2 - Mouse in a Mirror,  was straightforward -- no redrafting needed, but it was slow going with nine templates and 29 pieces. Some of those triangles are really tiny. Three weeks ago, I asked if there was only one Dear Jane block that uses an octagon. Here's my answer! Actually there are more octagons, but I'll save that for another day.

Fabric
I've been looking forward to the new pink trip-round-the-world because the rings are getting smaller, more of the blocks are done on this ring, and the pink fabrics are plentiful. In fact, when I pulled out my pink fabrics last night, I was reminded that I had purchased a few new pink fabrics including the one shown above. It's the pink colorway of the yellow fabric I love so much. Luckily I bought more than 4 inches of the pink (to use in one of my English paper piecing projects)! Seeing this second colorway gives me a clue where I bought these fabrics.

For the solid pink triangles, I used a fabric with shifting pinks and a woven moire-like pattern, using the areas with the warm pinks. That fabric was also used for B7 - World Series and H8 - Eaton's Crossroads.

Dear Jane Progress = 139 Blocks
As of July 10, 30 blocks to go.

4 comments:

Lasso the Moon said...

I love the countdown to the jane quilt. So fun. I hope to start one some day soon.
Anna

Sherry said...

Love this block. Du-uh...what's a colorway?

Minka said...

I added a link to a definition for colorway.

Karen said...

Love this block!! In answer to your question (comment on my block), I do plan on making the triangles, but will finish piecing my center blocks first.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails